Your shopping cart is empty!
1. Re-hydrate the bentonite powder by vigorously mixing 2 teaspoons with 1/2 cup water at 140 degrees F / 60 degrees C. The powder will have a tendency to clump together as it absorbs the warm water. Break up as many clumps as
you can. This mixture is now referred to as a slurry.
2. Store the bentonite slurry in a sanitized and airtight container for at least four hours. This allows the bentonite to become fully hydrated. The maximum amount of time you let bentonite hydrate is debated. Some sources say
hydrate for at least 24 hours some say 48 hours. Other resources say don’t let it sit for more than 24 hours. I found 24 hours worked just fine.
3. Add the slurry to your wine at a rate of 1 – 2 tablespoons per gallon of wine. Use one tablespoon per gallon for mild cloudiness and two per gallon for wines with a thicker haze.
4. Stir the bentonite slurry in your wine vigorously though not so vigorous that you introduce oxygen into your wine. Degassing tools are perfect for this job.
5. Re-attach your airlock and let stand for four to seven days or until clear. Most wines take about a week, however, heavy hazing can take longer to clear.The cooler your wine is kept the quicker it will clear. My W15 riesling took nearly two weeks to clear using this method.
Fining Agent Super Klar – Spirit FermIt removes the solids and semi-soluble compounds which can caus..
Pectolase - 1 sachet 5g for 25LTo ensure maximum yield of juice and flavour from fruits and alike, a..
Finish off your home made wine by adding the ultimate,
professional look with the application of sh..
Liquor flavour essence: Calvados Apple Brandy - Named after
the department in France where it’s mad..
Alcohol flavouring essence: Whiskey - creates a smooth,
golden, light, fruity flavour with subtle h..
24cm Filter Papers for filtering floating debris out of liquidsfor wines, spirits, liqueurs, beer, p..
15cm Filter Papers for filtering floating debris out of liquidsfor wines, spirits, liqueurs, beer, p..
9cm Filter Papers for filtering floating debris out of liquidsfor wines, spirits, liqueurs, beer, pe..
18cm Filter Papers for filtering floating debris out of liquidsfor wines, spirits, liqueurs, beer, p..
Mead yeastMead is perfect when made at home. Now you can produce your own alcoholic beverage made o..
Filter Papers for filtering floating debris out of liquids for wines, spirits, liqueurs, beer, ..
Used for clarification of wines and for the creation of nutrient substrates for the cultivation of y..
For clarification of wines, beers, juices, etc. Used in red wines to clear particles and reduce..
Silicagel, used especially for clarification of wine, juices, etc. It is most commonly used in combi..
Mead Yeast (Honey Wine Yeast) + Nutrient - Suitable for all
styles of mead.
This active yeast ha..
Tags: Wine Additives