Your shopping cart is empty!
Glass Filtration Column for activated carbon
Column Dia: 40mm
Nozzle Dia: 8mm
The filtration column is used to harmonise (correct) the
taste and smell of drinking water and alcoholic drinks. An indispensable
component that allows performing adsorption is the activated carbon. Owing to
this activity, we are able to remove the taste and smell which could adversely
affect the quality of the distillates.
Please read the following instructions carefully before use:
1. The filtration column is made of resistant technical
2. It is equipped with two connector pipes. The connector
pipe A (see figure) is intended for connecting the filtration column to the
source of distillate, whereas the connector pipe B is an outlet for the
3. The connector pipe A connects to the source of distillate
by means of a small hose, thus forming a pipe, through which the liquid fills
the filtration column. The connector pipe B should be placed above the
container in which we will be collecting the condensed liquid.
4. We recommend using the high quality silicone hose to connect
the still. It is resistant to-high temperatures and has received a food-grade
How does the filtration column work?
1. The filtration column is first filled by previously
prepared activated carbon up to the level of 1 cm below the connector pipe B.
The activated carbon acts as an absorbent.
2. In order to obtain the highest quality of the end
product, the distillate should be cooled down to the temperature of 10°C-15°C
before the filtration begins.
3. The filtration rate should not exceed 11/h.
Tags: distilling apparatus